So I finally got around to watching part 1 of the 7th Harry Potter movie. Thank God I didn't watch it in the cinemas. Would have been a total waste of money and time. The movies just get progressively worse. I swear, no one appreciates the role of a director anymore. Everything is running on the glamour of the actors and the clout and influence of JK Rowling's books. The movie plain sucked and the acting was terrible. Even the chronology of the events was wrong, for God's sake! Not to mention poor casting (Fenrir Greyback looks like the lead singer in a British indie band. Not a monstrous werewolf) and even poorer characterisation. After so many years of showing Snape as a one dimensional character, making him out to be the hero he is is going to be a challenge. HAR HAR HAR at the losers who thought they were being artistically brilliant.
And anyway what is it with the never ending stream of book-to-screen adaptations. Movies evolved as a form of story telling without words but with pictures. They are creative outlets in their own right. But for some odd reason that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Every single book is now being made into a movie. EVEN TIN TIN.
This disaster of a movie ended what I think was a disaster of a day too.
I've been trying to book driving lessons for ages but I just don't have the time to go all the way down to the driving centre, in the middle of nowhere, just to top up my account. So I tried setting it up via ibanking but omggggg that turned out to be such a torturous process. I have to submit this and file that and enter this pin and validate this account. I get the need for security but sometimes I think that things like this should just be done over the phone. I really just want to get driving over and done with. It's getting really hard to fix up my schedule when things like school haven't been fully confirmed yet. I am yet to matriculate and fill in all those forms and pay more money (sob) bah.
Check out this really cool gizmo!
I emailed A anna about it because I saw it while watching the British apprentice last night. It's just the head and neck of a guitar and when you press the buttons, it emits infra-red rays and when you strum across these invisible rays, it emits noise just like a real electric guitar! HOW COOL IS THAT! I asked him to check it out and hoped he could bring it with him when I see him at the wedding end of this year or something and he just went and ordered it! Heh and the best part is after that he emailed me asking me what the gadget was! HAHA I love my brother <3

No comments:
Post a Comment