Monday, 4 April 2011

Listening to heavy metal in a quiet office.

I don't understand why I keep I sneezing once I start doing work proper. Am I allergic to it? This does not bode well for my future...

Wish I could get the operation done soon :( Then I can be free from this torture for a while at least. I may be able to predict rain but other than that, this nose is nothing but a big pain (literally).

Can't believe I'm starting my third week here!! It doesn't feel like that long, which is a good thing. I am really enjoying myself. Hope this lasts and isn't just some perverse relief reaction triggered by the monstrosity that my previous job was. Man am I glad that I'm not doing that anymore! The rest of them there seem to be having a great time, which makes me feel a little more lonely. I disliked the work but I loved the people. Guess in an industry of words, everyone (okay, most) know how to play with them and it's awesome to be with people like that.

The cheaper cost of living is attractive too. Plus the 'excitement' of the job also makes for good conversation heheh.

Speaking of excitement, the weekend was pretty exciting!! Friday night was a total mess because as usual Ma turned up late and then we couldn't find Kreta Ayer People's Theatre and we ended up a bit late for the performance but it was SO LOVELY. Absolutely adored Poorni's voice and choice of songs. The guitar made them sound so modern. I have never loved classical music more <3 The dance pieces were lovely. Lakshmi's Arthanari dance was BRILLIANT beyond belief. The makeup and costume was fantastic too.


The performance was a good end to the week and day though. The week was just not fun. I was sleeping really late every day and finishing up so many applications etc well into the night. It was tiring and stressful. Finally submitted the NUS one and the V one though on Friday. I am pretty impressed with the way I managed to write an entire essay on Friday morning without too much difficulty. Posted it. Hope it reached today and that I'll get called.

C irritated me a lot the previous week though. Every three seconds kept asking me about the application and I was like wtf man. Are you trying to suss out your competition? If you get anything out of this then good for you but for God's sake remember your maker.

Saturday was the exciting day! Woke up and did nothing, then went to Jurong East to eat lunch. I am so sad that my favourite stall has raised its prices from $2.50 to $2.70 :'(

Took the train to Little India and FINALLY got my forest eyebrows and jungle moustache threaded. I now look human. But it was really expensive and I am very sad now.

Went for music class after that. Was okay, nothing special. Got the blue sari we are going to wear for the July concert. White is yet to arrive. Practiced the song and then raced off in Pa's car to A/A's house to watch the Cricket World Cup Finals!!!! India vs Sri Lanka.

Read only if you understand cricket. Which is going to be no one because barely two people read this site and none of them understand cricket. 
[Was the most nerve recking match ever. Worse than India vs Australia. This one was like out of this world, CRAZY!!! Sri Lanka played so well. Sangakkara is such a good captain (and his voice/intelligence/body is SO attractive <3 <3 <3). India lost the toss and fielded first and they did a great job initially. The score was limited to 31-1 for a good number of overs. The run rate was 3.1 - 3.4 for AGES. The predicted score was something like only 224 runs but then they started screwing up. I have no idea why India can't field properly and then they started getting over confident as usual and the last five overs we gave away SIXTY THREE RUNS. OMG WTF. Jeyawardena batted SO WELL. 103 runs in around 30 overs. He played really really well and he ended SL's batting with a flourish - a beautiful six.

Final score was 275 runs - 6 wickets. Very tough to chase. SL was looking damn smug but they know India has the best batting line up in the world so they were on their guard. 

BUT GUESS WHAT? Second bloody ball SEHWAG OUT. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a totally wasted shot. He need not swung like that. India may have the best batting line up in the world but HELLO Sri Lanka has the best bowling line up in the world! No one gets past Maling/Muttiah Muralidharan that easily. Such an idiot. It was a good ball, so accurate. And Sehwag asked for a review as well -_- Dumb or what.

After that heartache, 18 runs later SACHIN OUT. This was when all hope was lost. I really found it hard to watch after this because at this rate meeting 275 could only be dream. But we were pleasantly surprised.

Gambir batted beautifully except for his idiotic waste of shot after run 97. He could easily have single-d his way to a century and won man of the match. Kohli played well, that catch by Dilshan was really fantastic though so it was just unfortunate for Kohli. Dhoni really picked up the team as Captain. He played great and his final six won the game for us :) It was beautiful.

What I think won the game for us was these three things:

1. Gambir's batting
2. Sangakkara's mistake of playing Kulasekara in the 48th over instead of Malinga or Murali
3. India setting small targets for themselves instead of big sixes and fours, becoming cocky and then losing.

Sad that Sachin didn't get his 100th century but Gambir and Dhoni really made up for it. It was a great game. Everyone was really thrilled! After 28 years to finally win the World Cup after beating two HUGE teams (Australia and Sri Lanka) is really a big deal. Bet India will have a holiday next week!]

Those not interested in cricket, can start reading from here onwards:

So we came back from his house at about 2 something. By the time I got to bed it was around 3, woke up at 10 the next day and relaxed ;) Played Sims, had a good time. Watched Anniyan after coming back. OMG I can't believe I used to be so crazy mad about that movie and the totally retarded/gay Remo character! The concept is cool but the acting was horrendous. The entire movie didn't make sense but it was so entertaining! Even after 7 years! The songs are still as fantastic as ever.

I dreamt of Remo at night -_- Just like I used to as a nutsy 13 year old. When I told Lav today she laughed like crazy. Feel so embarrassed by it!!

Met Akshy for lunch today. She brought lunch so we ate at Subway today. HEH we discussed cricket at length :) Out differing views on Yuvraj (so fat and cocky, gross) THE STUPID MISTAKE OF PLAYING SREESANTH (wtf man seriously) and she told me about her Lion King obsession. She's in love with Simba.

I give up man. This girl is in love with a CARTOON character. And not just any cartoon character, an ANIMAL cartoon character. I don't even know what to think. I love The Lion King too but to this extent! And in keeping in line with my interests, I find Mufasa hotter than any other characters heheheh.

Both our conversations are hilarious!:

Conversation 1:
Akshy: ONLINE IN OFFICE
  
!
  
ahahha
me: YOU ARE TOO!
  
Hahah we are such rebels.
Akshy: AHAHHA lose control!
  
be a rebel!
11:27 AM 
HAHAH LOVE THAT SONG
me: AHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
  
Omg loved Aamir Khan's moustache at the match.
  
DAMN HOT.
Akshy: YEAAAA
me: So manly - swoons-
Akshy: Saif ali khan ans soha ali khan were there too
  
lol
me: AND RAJNI!
  
Lovehim <3
Akshy: INCLUDING RAJINI
me: Saif looks only oka.y
Akshy: ahahhaha
  
He looked retarded
me: Sister starting to look ugly.
Akshy: I LIKE SAIF
me: Preity was theretoo.
Akshy: SALAAM NAMASTE ;D
11:28 AM 
me: She very bimbo
Akshy: yea OMG Soha used to be with Sidharth right?
me: Wave and scream like man.
  
-mad
  
Yeah she used to be for a bit.
Akshy: yea..but she was in rbd too right
  
rdb
me: But he's not a bit enough star for her la.
Akshy: she was maddy's fiance
me: She comes from such a rich family.
Akshy: AHAHHA as in Siddharth not enough for Soha?
11:29 AM 
me: Yup!
11:30 AM 
Very hungry :(
11:31 AM 
what you brought today?
20 minutes

11:51 AM 
Akshy: hey sorry for late reply
  
my sup was explaining some stuff for the next job
  
ahahah
  
I BROUGHT RICE
  
AND BREAD ;D
  
ahahah HIGH CARBO FOOD
  
;D
  
when are you leaving your workplace?

Conversation 2:

1:23 PM 
me: HI BOZO
1:24 PM 
Akshy: HI PIGGO
  
aahah
  
I LOVEEE SIMBA AND NALAAAA
  
okay I am weirdo
  
lol
1:25 PM 
me: HAAHAHAHHA
  
OMG GET OVER IT ALREADY!
  
THEY. ARE. CARTOONS.
Akshy: whatttt
me: Nice cartoons
Akshy: SOOOO!
me: But still CARTOONS
Akshy: I think its my fav disney movie
me: I like Aladdin and the Beast but do I go crazy like this?
  
NO
  
AND THEY ARE HUMAN!
  
YOURS IS AN ANIMAL
  
OMG
1:26 PM 
Akshy: AHAHAH WHAT
  
you so bad
  
idioy
  
idiot
  
SUPPORT MY OBSESSION PLEASE
me: Supporting la
  
So long as you don't go back to Dravid _
1:27 PM 
Akshy: AHHAA OMG
  
RP was worse
1:28 PM 
me: YES OMG
Akshy: eh but Dravid is good looking la
  
YUVI POWER TOO
  
ahahh
1:29 PM 
Okay la..Dhoni has the aura
  
hahaha kinda nice
  
BUT SIMBA IS A KING
  
;D
1:30 PM 
me: Yuvraj must lose weight!
  
Actually I like Dhoni only in this world cup
  
All his pictures he quite ugly.
  
You and your Simba
  
Not jealous of Nala?
1:31 PM 
Akshy: ahahah
  
no la..they make a good couple
1:32 PM 
so cute..esp in Can you feel the love tonght
  
tonight
  
like very sweet..don't you think..like they;ll be running around and feeling happy again..cause they have been apart for so long..
  
ahhaha
  
but Nala is damnn pretty..very nicely drawn
1:33 PM 
the lions in TLK are so much prettier and cuter than real life lions
  
Real life lions' manes are not even as nice as Simba's!
1:34 PM 
me: Totally.
  
Disney is awesome like that.
  
Eh very tiring to talk about Simba so much :(
Akshy: ahaha
1:35 PM 
me: I'm sorry but I cannot take so much in one go!
  
Slowly slowly kay.
Akshy: wanna tak about Mufasa is it!
me: HAHA
  
NO HAHHA
Akshy: OMG..m friend doesn;t know what lion king is
  
my
  
DEPRIVED CHILDHOOD
me: HE NEEDS HELP
  
SAVE HIM
1:36 PM 
Akshy: I wish TLK had more major storylines for Sarabi, Simba's mum
  
And also..I wanna know the background story..of how Scar became so bad..and got exiled by Mufasa
  
like Mufasa's and Scar's childhod you know
me: You suggest to Disney
  
They make do a movie
Akshy: lol
1:37 PM 
Are you gonna go for the musical?
me: No money
  
Seriously cannot afford 200$
1:39 PM 
Akshy: no la
  
buy the 165 or 285 bucks one
  
seriously..you have to catch it
  
they don;t come here often
me: I will watch on youtube
Akshy: its a very good opportunity
  
HAHAHH I dont think they have it on youtube
1:40 PM 
me: some other website then
  
I like musicals and concerts but my YED < 1 still
1:42 PM 
Akshy: YED?
Whats that?
  
yearly estimated donation?
  
lol
1:43 PM 
me: INCOME ELASTICITY OF DEMAND
  
OMG YOU HAVE TOTALLY FORGOTTEN EVERYTHING
  
HAhA wth is yearly estimated donation!!!!!!!!!!!
1:45 PM 
Akshy: AHHAAHAHA
  
SORRY LAAA
  
OHH CHEHHH
  
Econs ahhh
  
I rmb
1:46 PM 
me: This is so going on facebook.
Akshy: OMG EMBARRASSMENT
me: LIKE THIS GOT A SOME MORE
Akshy: And YOU SHOULD STILL GO
me: Omg kill me now
  
I will have to think about it
Akshy: HAHHAHA WHAEVER
1:47 PM 
WHATEVER
  
People who have been failing Econs throughout JC got A too
  
so A is nothin great
  
nothing
me: _ I didn't right.
Akshy: YOURS IS H2
me: SO
Akshy: H2 is harder duhh!
  
H1 doesn;t have market failure
1:48 PM 
me: Market Failure damn easy.
  
so it doesn't make a difference
Akshy: shit la..
  
I should have taken H3 Econs
me: Yeah you idiot.
Akshy: cause Game Theory isdamn interesting
  
is damn
me: You coul dhave taken the max 12 units
Akshy: I guess,,,
1:49 PM 
me: Damn stupid la you.
Akshy: Sian..no point talking about it now
  
Cause I wanted Chem H3
  
But I didn;t get A for Chem
me: Anyway doesn't make a difference because you will become world famous chem engineer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Akshy: so I couldn;t take Chem H3 and so I gav up interest on taking a H3
  
gave
  
HAHAHAHH THANKS FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE IN ME
  
OVERWHELMING REALLY
me: AND THENNNNNNNNNNNN YOU WILL MARRY BOSSBOY!
Akshy: HAHAHHAHAHA
  
OMGGGG
1:50 PM 
MY ULTIMATE DREAM LA
me: Told your mother or not
  
Then she start looking
Akshy: BUT I DONT WANNA EBE RELATED TO RI!
  
HAHAHAHA
  
I told her
  
she jus laughed it off ):
  
SHe thinks it isn;t serious
  
and she told me AGAIN on Saturday to not forsake her and m dad fo a guy
  
my
  
for
me: _
  
She thinks you're Kovu
Akshy: don;t know why she is so parnoid
1:51 PM 
AHAHAHHAHAH
  
YOU MEAN KIARA?
  
lol
me: OH YEAH
  
HAHAHHA
  
SORRY
Akshy: I AM NOT A BLACK LION
  
Oops..racist comment!
me: HAHAHAH
Akshy: BUT HE IS DAMN BLACK
  
SIMBA IS SO HOT AND ORANGE (?!?!)
1:52 PM 
But I hope there are other Bossbys around ;D
  
Bossboys
  
if not..last resort is Shaadi.com
  
SE JOJO'S ACCOUNT!
  
USE
me: HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Akshy: OMG EPIC
  
WE HAD 200 PROPOSALS RIGHT
me: YEAH WTF
  
I am still getting proposals
Akshy: so lame
me: On the account
Akshy: AHHAAHAHAH
me: Even though I disabled a lot of things
Akshy: People are damn stups
  
HAHHAAH
1:53 PM 
me: Wait I check now
Akshy: DID THEY ACTUALLY THINK JOJO EXISTED?
  
AIYOO
  
Omg I watched Anjaana Anjaani
  
STUPID MOVIE /:
  
Only thing..visual delight (sort of) in the form of Ranbir Kapoor
  
he has hot bod
me: EH RANBIR LOOKS LIKE GAMBIR
Akshy: HAHAHHA
  
OMG YEA
me: THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO SAY JUST NOW
Akshy: A BIT
  
OHHHHH
  
OMGGG YEAAAA
  
BOTH THEIR NOSES GOT PROBLEM
1:54 PM 
hahaaahah
me: YEAH HAHAHAH
Akshy: HAHAHA
me: Ranbir's body is damn ho
  
-hot
  
I like it when he dropped the towel in Saawariya
  
ahahahaha
1:55 PM 
Akshy: paavi
  
abishtu abhistu
  
HAHAHA BUT YEA HE IS DAMN HOT
  
Did you watch Anjaana Anjaani?
me: Nope
Akshy: STUPID
me: I haven't watched Hindi movies in a loooooooooooooooooooong time
  
I'm so out of touch.
Akshy: They meet each other when both of them try to commit sicide
  
suiide
  
suicide
me: Romeo nad Juliet
1:56 PM 
Akshy: aahaha
  
Far from that
  
Catapults and Montags is it?
me: CATAPULTS!!!!!!!
Akshy: I keep thinking its Capulets
me: AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Akshy: EH WAT
me: CAPULETS LA DOI
  
HAHAHAHHA
  
CATAPULT IS THE THING THEY USE TO LAUNCH THINGS
  
HHAHAHAHA
  
WITH THE RUBBERBAND
Akshy: i knowwww
  
hahhahahha
1:57 PM 
SORRY
  
CONFUSION
me: aiyoh why so cute and blur today!!!!!!!!!!!
  
Cannot take it
Akshy: HAHAHAHA
  
I AM ALWAYS CUT
  
CUTE
  
THANKS
me: _-----------------------
1:59 PM 
Akshy: IDIOT
  
I HATE THAT EMOTICON
  
_
  
bleh
2:00 PM 
me: .
  
Which one you hate more?
  
I'll use that one.
2:02 PM 
Akshy: BITCH
2:04 PM 
me: <3 you too
Akshy: eh wait
  
I wanna show you smthg
2:05 PM 
Born in grief
Raised in hate 
Helpless to defy his fate
Let him run
Let him live
But do not forget what we cannot forgive

And he is not one of us
He has never been one of us
He is not part of us
Not our kind

Someone once lied to us
Now we're not so blind
For we knew he would do what he's done
And we know that he'll never be one of us

He is not one of us
  
This is the song
  
when SImba exiles Kovu
  
Simba
2:06 PM 
me: Eeh so harsh :/
Akshy: yea
  
its supposed to be what they say to Scar
  
ahahaha
  
but they told it to the wrong person
2:07 PM 
me: HAHAHHA
  
MISTAKE
Akshy: yepp
2:08 PM 
As you go through life you'll see
There is so much that we
Don't understand

And the only thing we know
Is things don't always go
The way we planned

But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?

Can I trust in my own heart
Or am I just one part
Of some big plan?

Even those who are gone
Are with us as we go on
Your journey has only begun

Tears of pain, tears of joy
One thing nothing can destroy
Is our pride, deep inside
We are one

We are one, you and I
We are like the earth and sky
One family under the sun

All the wisdom to lead
All the courage that you need
You will find when you see
We are one
  
This is the song..SImba sings to his daughter
  
like after she is recued from the Outlands
2:09 PM 
me: A bit too cheesy
  
But that's disney I guess
  
Is the tune nice
Akshy: ahhaha
  
yea
  
yepp
  
very cute tune
  
but nthg as grand as the first movie;s soundtrack
me: Oh no very sleepy now
2:11 PM 
What are you doing?
Akshy: doing a GIRO form for a client
  
;D
2:12 PM 
you?
  
Slacking ahh?
me: NO !!!
  
I good worker.
  
Working very hard
2:13 PM 
That's why sleepy
  
It's hard work.
Akshy: AHAHAH
  
VERY NICE ANALOGY
  
NOT!
2:15 PM 
me: Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  
At least you have friends.
2:16 PM 
My only friend is this psycho I'm talkng to online
  
She is very nice
  
But a bit kuku
  
Like sometimes talk a lot of nonsense.
  
AND DAMN FUNNY
2:17 PM 
She's in love with this guy you know :/
  
He's a LION
Akshy: hahaha I talk a ot of nonsense too
  
OMMGG
me: HAHAhAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAH
Akshy: thanks
me: DMAN FUNNY
  
I love your reaction.
Akshy: WHATEVER
  
AT LEAST I LIKE A LION KING
2:18 PM 
ahahha AND I AM NOT PSYCHO
me: <3 you more
  
HAHAH if you weren't psycho I wouldn't like you
  
boring
Akshy: So I am very interesting la
me: A bi tonly
  
-bit only
  
HHAH a bi only.
  
GEddit
2:19 PM 
Akshy: nooo
  
a bit so boring
  
I am better than that!
  
COME ON I LIKE LIONS
  
I HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN THAT
  
And RP Singh and Dravid
  
And Fabregas
  
And YUVI POWER
2:20 PM 
me: Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  
RP Singh, Dravid and Yuvi all questionable.
2:21 PM 
Fab okay
Akshy: FABRGAS IN NUMBER 10/10
  
SO CUTE
  
SO GOOD LOOKING
  
AND SO FAITHFUL TO HIS GIRLFRIEND
  
AND SUCH A GOOD, RESPONSIBLE CAPTAIN
  
;D
2:22 PM 
and HELLO YOU USED TO LIKE VIKRAM AND ANNIYAN
  
lol
2:23 PM 
me: AHAHHAHA
  
true buttttttt okay fine.
  
That's only one guy!!!!!!!!!!!
  
You like so many weirdos tsk tsk

me: Very busy?
16 minutes

3:47 PM 
Akshy: okay la
  
you?
me: Not that much today! Lonely though.
3:48 PM 
So listening to my iPod
6 minutes

3:54 PM 
Akshy: ahahah
  
I am listening to For you
  
by Angus and Julia Stone ;D
  
superrr nice
3:56 PM 
me: Okay I will search for it at home.
9 minutes

4:06 PM 
Akshy: AHAHHA
  
why not at your office?
4:07 PM 
me: Becuase I don't want to go to shady sites on my office computer!
Akshy: ahahha
me: Do you have a desktop or a laptop?
Akshy: I fb at the office all the time
  
desktop
me: Fb is not a shady site la!
4:08 PM 
Akshy: lol
  
then what is?
me:
  
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
  
Why do you know all those sites HA
  
-AH
  
WHY

HAHAHAHHAHAH so crazy.

Lav's birthday soon! So exciting! I wanted to take her out but can't because...

1. Ting and Flo got here ahead of me
2. I must be up early on Thursday

SIGH. So going to take her for Mexican on another day!! Can't believe she has never eaten Mexican. Aiyoh paying for both of us is going to burn a huge hole in my pocket :(

Okay gotta pee.

No comments: