Trust today of all days to be so eventful. Woke up feeling very very very woozy and sleepy and with a bad throat. That developed into a fever and the sinus turned out not to be a sinus after all.
SIGH.
Was supposed to meet the L to go watch Rapunzel but that plan was out so :(
But my mother wouldn't let me just sleep, no way. It's the holidays! How could I possibly just lie around sleeping! Set about cleaning my room and the house in general this morning. A lot of junk was thrown gosh I was so sweaty and smelly yuck yuck yuck.
The thing about cleaning is that you must have a lot of patience, stamina and Mathematic skills. You must also know what exactly you want your room to look like. These qualities are very important. Do not underestimate them! Here are some reasons why:
1. You need to be able to sort things out into 'yes' and 'no' piles without deliberating for too long.
2. You must be able to chuck stuff without bothering too much about sentimentality and probable future use. Quick calculations must be done in the head and decisions must be taken swiftly.
3. You must be patient because there are some areas of the house/room that are just IMPOSSIBLE to clean quickly. There just seems to be a never ending pile of material and junk and it takes a long time.
4. Stamina is crucial because you must be able to ensure that you don't break into a sweat upon carrying the first load of things downstairs. Once you do, you sit down, take a break and the cleaning momentum is lost. That's when disaster strikes.
5. You have got to know what sort of room you want yours to be. If you don't know that, you won't know what stuff to keep and where to keep all those things.
VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT. EVERYONE TAKE NOTE PLEASE!
I have very little patience and my stamina has deteriorated significantly. After clearing out the 'tech' bit of my cupboard, I couldn't do any more and threw everything into a huge bag :( Sucks.
Disregarding my complaints about feeling tired and needing a pill and sleep, my mother decided that it was best that I run some errands for her in TOA PAYOH. Omg so far away.
Anyway I went, rather miffed that I gave up a chance of infecting L and watching Tangled to do this work but received compensation later hehehehehehehe so it was okay.
After running errands, my mother said she had seen this nice shop for dresses and we searched for ages and ages and ages and finally found a dress I really liked!
It's a lovely blue and is quite uhhh...rather extreme. Given that it's only my third time EVER wearing a dress in my life, this is quite a plunge (literally ho ho ho). After that, spent even more time looking for appropriate undergarments. Seriously, spent less time and money on the dress than on the underwear. NO it's not some sexy lingerie please -_- But it was a purchase that had to be made because
a) I am running on a serious deficit
b) This dress calls for a special type!
OMG we found this totally GORGEOUS dress but it was even more extreme than the one I'm wearing. It was like a cocktail dress in the front and the back was just HOLEY. Like there was a ring in the centre and there were strings attached to that ring and they linked to all parts of the dress. Like a spiderweb. It was damn nice but errr cannot wear obviously!
Haven't shown my father this dress though and kinda not planning on showing it to him either...hmmm...
On the way to dinner, my mother suddenly asked me if I'd like to straighten my hair and of course I said YES but by then it was 7 and the guy said that the process would take about 4 hours or so. YIKES. Didn't want him to rush so Ma asked me to go back tomorrow. I hope she keeps her word! I really want straight hair! It'll mean one of my life goals being achieved *dreamy expression*
Here are my life goals:
1. Straight hair (YAY)
2. Great teeth
3. Be slim like a Chinese girl
4. Have perfect eyesight
5. Have clear skin (somewhat achieved)
6. Marry a dentist/some Science dude
7. Have no kids
8. Have a baby elephant
9. Travel to all the places on my 'to travel to' list
10. Can't remember this one.
Tomorrow have talk in the morning then supposed to meet the L. Sorry bought dress without you :(
No comments:
Post a Comment