You are now entering your last and final year of teenagehood so make the most of it!
Today Xy and I failed miserably in the cake surprise for Jane. Heh the stallers didn't do their job properly and we were still putting in the candles when she came and half the people hadn't come down from History yet :( Anyway, she looked happy so I'm happy.
This failure in surprising comes after the failure to ensure that we can abduct Janey for dinner on Saturday/Sunday because the silly girl doesn't tell her mother her plans grrr. NEVER MIND. We shall have our 'surprise' dinner on Sunday together. Plus a movie! It's been ages :)
This failure in surprising comes after the failure to ensure that we can abduct Janey for dinner on Saturday/Sunday because the silly girl doesn't tell her mother her plans grrr. NEVER MIND. We shall have our 'surprise' dinner on Sunday together. Plus a movie! It's been ages :)
This year all birthdays rather low key compared to last year. Strange eh given that last year turning 17 was rather unremarkable and not very special..
Rather mundane day. Was feeling quite upset and despondent at the fact that I didn't get an invite to the PSC scholarship talk when Crys messaged me asking if I wanted to go with her and I felt happier and agreed heh and then exactly 10 minutes later Chris messaged me asking if I wanted to go with her! HAHAH super cool coincedence! Both Cryses/Chrises asking me the same thing! I still can't decide if it's freaky or cool. Anyway so off bright and early tomorrow for the talks and to collect freebies yay.
Before I forget let me post this interesting conversation I had with Shanti on the 27th of June. We were discussing Raavanan!:
S: Raavanan was goood.
Me: It is not! Such a boring storyline. Brother angered by sister's rape out to get revenge on so called good guy. And they totally didn't develop Prithviraj's character! Just showed him with Aishwarya then some mindless shooting. The only redeeming thing about the movie is that Aishwarya is gorgeous!
S: The acting was brillz. It's a good story, simple is the best. Plus it's a parallel to the Ramayana. The cinematography is great.
Me: Yeah cinematography was good. Acting was alright nothing particularly memorable. It wasn't even a feel good sort of film. In the end everyone loses.
S: Haha. But I guess that's the point. That there is no good and bad per se. Raavanan and Rama are more similar than they think. And thus everyone loses.
Me: But they only develop the Raavan part! How about Ram. They didn't show his character and his story enough to come to the conclusion that both sides are grey.
S: I think they wanted to show the situation through her eyes. And at that point the girl only was with Raavan. And Ratnam wants us to sympathise with Raavan not Rama. Cos that is how Ragini feels at the end.
Me: But it's hard to sympathise when you see one side of the story. Seeing it through her eyes means seeing her husband in a different light at the end right. But if we don't really know how he was in the beginning then how to judge? Movie was okay but can be improved I think. Look at Guru. Brilliant the way he brought out the character of Guru from beginning to end. From boy with big ambitions to man with big ambitions but now with a drive to achieve his goals even through crooked means. Sort of an anti-hero. So you like the character but start to question the change you see at the end of the movie. Mani Ratnam didn't do that for this movie.
S: I found Guru very boring! Haha I think it is a matter of taste. But I think Dev was portrayed as good in her eyes at first then she realises that Raavanan's story that interlinks with her husband's and is forced to see the other side, the better side of Raavan that her husband had not described to her. And I hate how Dev uses her in the end, it's sort of betrayal and underhanded. Cannot believe we are analysing like that. Such Lit students,
Me: Heh heh yay Lit. Yeah I hate the way he uses her. Plain disgusting. Sly and conniving. I also hated the part where he twists Vikram's words to accuse her.
S: Yes. It is like he values finding Veera over getting his wife back. So sad. At least Veera dies knowing she came back to him, trusting him to tell her the truth.
Me: What I liked about the movie though was the ambiguity; did she, or didn't she, fall in love with him. The way he developed their relationship was good.
S: I would have fallen in love against my own will. He is so... threateningly sweet.
That's a conversation I'd like to keep :)
Before I forget let me post this interesting conversation I had with Shanti on the 27th of June. We were discussing Raavanan!:
S: Raavanan was goood.
Me: It is not! Such a boring storyline. Brother angered by sister's rape out to get revenge on so called good guy. And they totally didn't develop Prithviraj's character! Just showed him with Aishwarya then some mindless shooting. The only redeeming thing about the movie is that Aishwarya is gorgeous!
S: The acting was brillz. It's a good story, simple is the best. Plus it's a parallel to the Ramayana. The cinematography is great.
Me: Yeah cinematography was good. Acting was alright nothing particularly memorable. It wasn't even a feel good sort of film. In the end everyone loses.
S: Haha. But I guess that's the point. That there is no good and bad per se. Raavanan and Rama are more similar than they think. And thus everyone loses.
Me: But they only develop the Raavan part! How about Ram. They didn't show his character and his story enough to come to the conclusion that both sides are grey.
S: I think they wanted to show the situation through her eyes. And at that point the girl only was with Raavan. And Ratnam wants us to sympathise with Raavan not Rama. Cos that is how Ragini feels at the end.
Me: But it's hard to sympathise when you see one side of the story. Seeing it through her eyes means seeing her husband in a different light at the end right. But if we don't really know how he was in the beginning then how to judge? Movie was okay but can be improved I think. Look at Guru. Brilliant the way he brought out the character of Guru from beginning to end. From boy with big ambitions to man with big ambitions but now with a drive to achieve his goals even through crooked means. Sort of an anti-hero. So you like the character but start to question the change you see at the end of the movie. Mani Ratnam didn't do that for this movie.
S: I found Guru very boring! Haha I think it is a matter of taste. But I think Dev was portrayed as good in her eyes at first then she realises that Raavanan's story that interlinks with her husband's and is forced to see the other side, the better side of Raavan that her husband had not described to her. And I hate how Dev uses her in the end, it's sort of betrayal and underhanded. Cannot believe we are analysing like that. Such Lit students,
Me: Heh heh yay Lit. Yeah I hate the way he uses her. Plain disgusting. Sly and conniving. I also hated the part where he twists Vikram's words to accuse her.
S: Yes. It is like he values finding Veera over getting his wife back. So sad. At least Veera dies knowing she came back to him, trusting him to tell her the truth.
Me: What I liked about the movie though was the ambiguity; did she, or didn't she, fall in love with him. The way he developed their relationship was good.
S: I would have fallen in love against my own will. He is so... threateningly sweet.
That's a conversation I'd like to keep :)
No comments:
Post a Comment