Sunday, 4 July 2010

Fine, I won't stand in your way.

Heh yes it's odd that the World Cup is going on right now and I haven't even talked about my Germany once.

Okay well, I LOVE GERMANY AND I WANT THEM TO WIN.

Paul the Octopus is rather scary though. Been accurate 100% of the time so far! I hope it picks a German win for the semis and the finals!

I remember I was crazy about the World Cup in 2002 (we were Primary 4 then) and it was great fun cause Germany came all the way to the quarters before losing (sigh). You know there's this documentary on the History Channel called the 'History of Football' and the guy there says that many things in life rarely remain constant or consistent but for some strange reason the football team you choose to support doesn't change. Apparently the choice/decision you make as a child carries right through into adulthood for almost everyone. SHOCKING RIGHT. I scoffed at it first thinking that it was just a marketing gimmick and that it's ridiculous for preferences not to change but I think it's true!

People support losing teams for years together because for some reason they like/have an affinity for that team. Like when I watch the World Cup I'm only interested as long as Germany is winning/still playing. Like in 2006 Germany bowed out super early and I didn't watch the matches or keep track of the scores at all.

Strange!

Today was a failure of a tuition day. Woke up bright and early and headed off only to find that there wasn't any tuition -_- So I stayed out, ate something and did some work. Wasn't particularly productive mainly because I was having this looooooooooong conversation with L on the things we're going to do after A's and we want to go on a holiday together! L suggested Nepal/Bhutan which sounds LOVELY but is so damn dangerous. She asked me if there was snow there -_- Um Himalayas HELLO!!! Heh how can you be so blur Lav.

I even went online and checked out all the tour packages and stuff like that. We have everything worked out. If after A's we get jobs at Subway or something and give tuition at the side, by the end of two/three months we can go on a trip. Just before our results come out heh. GOOD PLANNING.

But first the exams loom large and ominous. Sigh.

In other news, Starhub is having this deal where you can call three other Starhub friends for free and I realised that aside from Lav, I really don't have anyone else to call.

One reason is that an on-the-phone friend has got to be someone you're verrrrry close to. If you're IM-ing or SMS-ing there's always a physical screen between the two parties so even strangers can communicate with relative ease, face-to-face human interaction skills will kick in and conversation will be made (however awakward) because that's just our social mechanism functioning. An on-the-phone friend however must be close but not neesaarily bosom buddy because you can hear the person - emotions and all but cannot see nor is there any way of covering up/editing awkwardness or weird comments.

The second reason would be that I have very few Starhub friends. Heh.

Angel - Nope
CA - We talk, but not so much and she's not a on-the-phone type
C - Haven't talked in ages. But had this plan been in place last year then she'd be the first one on the list
C - We're more face to face friends
Jelly - Nahh
Peanut - Maybe?

So Lav is the only one. Unless I put my mother on the line -_- but that's lame.


Have it your way.

No comments: