One of my Pre-U Sem groupmates told me that I have a know-it-all face -_- LIKE SERIOUSLY.
I hate hate hate hate HATE (read: absolutely DESPISE, LOATHE) people who are pretentious writers. You should write for yourself, not for others. If along the way, the writing pleases other people reading it then congratulations, you've done well. But if it doesn't, then who cares. You're just one more person in a sea of a million other fantastic writers. You've just got to up your game.
You write absolutely crap poetry and prose that is grammatically flawed, riddled with syntax errors and has (God forbid) SPELLING and subject-verb agreement errors and expect people to praise you for every piece of rubbish you put up. I mean, seriously. What is up with you? All this just a huge ego boost? If you think you're that good at English then why don't your grades reflect it? Why doesn't your speech reflect it?
You're just taking advantage of the fact that we're a nation of poor English readers/writers and your slightly above average language skills make you look like you're a Literature Nobel Lauerate. Wait 'til you meet REAL writers, then you'll see how pathetic you are.
I know I sound rather vicious and harsh here but honestly, I just hate pretentious writers. You want to be profound, then you've got to EXPRESS IT IN GOOD ENGLISH. Otherwise you'll just sound like a mad-man rambling.
No comments:
Post a Comment