This is what I actually wanted to post last night.
-----
Dear ____,
Hi. I don't think I can tell you this to your face 'cause I don't have the guts and there are some things I might not be able to tell this through an IM conversation hence this open letter.
First off, I have to say that I really enjoy your friendship. Like I told you I wasn't very fond of you at first, in fact I didn't like you at all. But strangely you're turning out to be the person I'm most attached to. You're cool, funny, smart, pretty, attractive, everything!
I know you didn't like me at all either, that was fairly obvious and later you told me so that was alright. Mutual feelings.
It took longer than usual to get used to you. I don't know why, both of us were unhappy with the cards life had dealt us and no one likes to be around unhappy people. I think that's the reason I tended to stay away from you and you from me. Our common point was her and her and we rarely went anywhere/did anything without either of them.
I don't know what made me tell you what I did that day. But your reaction - one of understanding and acceptance - was .. indescribable. I still don't know how to say how much I appreciated your reaction. All that confusion, tension and hurt seemed to dissolve and it actually truly seemed better, like there was a glimmer of hope somewhere through the mess after I talked to you. Seriously, I have no idea why I told you that when I sat down with you there. Was it an attempt to get you to know me better? Was it an attempt to get me to know you better? What made me tell you? You were this stern, fierce sort of character even after so many weeks and I don't why something in me said that you'd be the best person to talk to. I'm glad it did though.
I enjoy spending time with you more than I do with other people. Maybe it's cause I like the way you put things into perspective, the way you really think about issues and stuff before coming up with an opinion or view, maybe I just like the way you understand what i'm talking about, maybe it's cause I like the way you laugh at my jokes and make fun of me. I don't know but whatever it is I'm so happy I have you for a friend! I can't wait to talk to you about things and listen to what you have to say because it's always worth listening to.
Always.
You might have guessed I'm talking to you already. I just want you to know that I really really treasure our friendship and the trust we have in each other.
(I bet you're feeling awkward and embarrassed now and if I had said this to you in person or via msn you'd have said okayyyyssss with recurring letters and many many 'z's. There'd have been smiley faces too, to cover up your embarrassment. Heh I can totally see you doing that now!
Thanks ______. Thank you so much.
I'm so so happy we're friends (:
No comments:
Post a Comment