Was a restless day at work. I wasn't feeling driven and motivated like yesterday. Talked a lot to Ewyn (I know right, what a name). He used to be 110 kilos and is now 66! He lost 40 kilos before he started Army because he said he was "tired of being fat". Seriously, the guy has amazing willpower. There was no one else in our rows, so we chatted a lot. He eats sooooooo much, I first thought he had worms :/
Glad I sorted out the files for LC after the huge mix-up last week SIGH.
I like being busy. I like being busy to the point of being slightly stressed. That's what makes work exhilarating and exciting! The adrenaline rushes are amazing. Which is why I was always SO busy during school days (hee hee I remember V, Xy and Jane teasing me about "next month I'll be free". Good times :'). But I know I've reached my tipping point when I start to feel like I want to bunk activities and run away. The escapist in me rears its ugly head (J should know this, since I did most of my escaping with her) and just turns and flees. I'm determined not to make that happen anymore. So far, so good but the real challenge will be Uni.
Speaking of which, I am starting to get really excited about going back to school and studying! Four years of lovely studying before real life starts. Can't wait! Still feel a little shaky about the whole SMU thing but am getting used to it day after day. I already know a fair few people who will be going with me so I kind of have a vague idea how school will turn out but hey anything could happen right.
I am a little apprehensive about going somewhere where people know me already. JC was fantastic because I really could start "anew". I could be anybody I wanted to be and I tried out so many different things to figure out exactly who I am (ot that I figured that one out completely, I find that I am learning more things about myself now than I did in school, but anyway, that aside) The whole starting new thing made me feel so much more empowered and happy. I really enjoyed being able to be me - completely. In Secondary School I was always ignored or treated like a loser because in those circles my image had been branded from the age of 6.
--
This morning on the bus I encountered this really nice man! It was a crowded bus and there weren't a lot of seats free. One seat opened up and this man (who was carrying a REALLY heavy bag by the way) instead of sitting down, offered the seat to all the ladies around him first! Such a gentleman! I was so impressed by his graciousness. Reminds of me all the times people hold lift doors and stuff for me at the office. Except this time the guy on the bus was a Chinese Singaporean! So nice. When I told L, she said "Wow, he must be a mutant" and A said "Wow, marry him". Such lovely friends.
I also saw a guy who looked like a supervillain in the making on the bus.
Anyway so I was thinking about graciousness and men being gallant and chivalrous etc and was thinking how L should make sure her future sons will behave like that and then that lead to me thinking about T and what he told me.. Spent almost 20 minutes thinking about T on the bus. GROSS OR WHAT. This is how I get sucked into thinking about stupid things.
Other than that, nothing new. Have to write J a mail heh I've been bad and not sending proper mails. Spent the whole of yesterday night trying to download movies into my iPod but nothing is working ARGH WHY LIDDAT.
No comments:
Post a Comment