Friday, 13 May 2011

Friday the 13th was good.

I suddenly have extraordinary volumes of work. Everyone wants me and I am just SWAMPED. Man these last few weeks are going to mean late nights every day :/

Today I had to do some flower delivery around the office. Hehe it was quite a funny experience.

Met the Chairman today. Omg I am in AWE of the guy. He has accomplished so much!! To be such a big and important person and still make time for small people like me is just WOW. No wonder people respect him so much. I was really nervous before meeting him before I went and was practicing walking, shaking hands and smiling tee hee. I'm only an intern and for a Global Board member to meet me was freaking me out. Of course no other intern would have got such a chance which was why the front desk people were looking at me weirdly when I went up to 17th floor.

I am so lucky his secretary was nice too :) You should never cross gatekeepers. They are the real holders of power and in my office some people have been cut down badly because the secretaries hated them :/  Not good.

The interview was barely 10 minutes and he kept shooting questions at me. In retrospect it must have been something he wanted to get over and done with because he did look very busy and he was leaving for India next week so probably no time to spend chit-chatting but during the meeting he didn't make it seem rushed at all. And he made me feel very comfortable. A nice uncle-y vibe :) An indulgent uncle vibe.

So that was pretty much the highlight of my day.

Aside from that, posts on Twitter are making me feel very angry and antsy. I still can't get over the fact that I didn't make it NUS Law and that some utterly useless people got into NUS Medicine and are gloating about how they 'deserved it'. No one deserves anything and no school owes you admission. I'm having a hard time accepting my rejection because I can't see the reason behind my rejection but if NUS told me WHY I was rejected I'd probably be able to stomach it better.

Still :(

Tiring day but next week only has four working days! Yay!

No comments: