Friday, 22 April 2011

Good good Friday.

Met L today. It was nice getting out of the house. Woke up with a mega huge lump in my throat - hope this isn't a sign of something horrible :/

We ate at this nice but ridiculously expensive Lebanese restaurant. Our lovely un-experimental L didn't like much -_- Sighhhhhhh. And you call ME picky!! Anyway it was an experience. Was feeling very very tired after that (I really hope I'm not sick!) and we decided to go to Jurong Point (because IMM was a failure) to look for L's shoes.

After looking at a million and one shoes we finally decided on ones that our mothers would like (I know right) that we found at...BATA (cue second I know right). I think we're becoming old.

Didn't buy the shoes in the end because we figured that if her mother would approve, her mother would pay too! HAHA.

Went back to her house and played the Sims 3. Which sucks. I really like Sims 2 better. Praveen looked rather irritated at the fact that I seem to spending so much time at his house hehehe. I practically went there every week last year but anywayyyyyy he was nice and put up with us. I was feeling very sleepy and after L gave me some chocolate milk (she said I was being whiny and cranky because I was hungry and tired), I had a small nap while she watched Supernatural or some such lame programme.

Then they got ready to go to Caldecott to watch the finals for the debate competition. RI vs ACSI. They dropped me off at home and sighhhhhhh it was terrible.

Pa was busy cleaning the house and oh God it is TERRIBLE to be at home when he starts that. He is such a fastidious guy that every small speck of dirt annoys him. Plus he thinks he's really wronged and misunderstood and that every bit of disorganised ANYTHING around the house is an act of defiance against his principles and morals. I mean, seriously dude CHILL. Doesn't help that when my mother is here she usually fuels that by picking on him personally. Yes, my mother and sister are slobs. They are the most disorderly people on EARTH but that doesn't give you the right to enforce YOUR brand of organisation on them!

I call myself an organised person. I put things in their places and I can find anything and everything that I need. You call me a pig because you are unable to figure out my order but why on earth should that bother you? So long as I am able to find my things and they don't look unsightly you have no reason to poke your nose in my affairs.


Finally after he had cooled down a bit, we sat down to watch the finals of the debate.

It was really really good! I enjoyed watching it a lot. I thought RJ spoke better given that their side was harder but the first and third speaker really goofed up. Rekindled. But moving on. ACSI had the easier side to work with and while their speakers weren't as strong as Raffles', they still spoke well. And save Sna, the other three were decent. Going by that count, it is fair to say that they deserved the win but you know it's not poetic justice when the more entertaining side loses... But that's life I guess!

No comments: