Had a really lovely day.
Morning was nice and slow. Sorted out work at a good, calm pace. Sent out a few emails, made a few calls, was keeping myself busy and occupied.
Then went for lunch with Diane and Linette. Linette is really nice to hang out with. She's really friendly and open and I like that she listens to everything you have to say even if it's not to her interest or liking. Had a long, leisurely lunch too.
Came back to the office, talked to a few more people, made a few more calls. Kinda just waiiiiiiited for the clock to hit 5 so that I could leave and meet the girls for dinner!
The clock struck 5 and... I couldn't leave.
My supervisor was taking a bunch of Uni kids around the office and he spent a loooooong time hanging around my table, making me say hello and explain what I was doing and publicising to the world my intentions -_-
Lis then called and started harassing me over the phone so I just upped and left at 515 exactly.
(We were supposed to meet at 530 at Skinny Pizza at Raffles City for dinner. Why the ridiculously early timing? I have this Starhub mobile student plan offer that lets one have the second pizza off at 50%. But it's only valid before 6.)
And it was POURING outside. Like thundering rain.
My flats are cheapo ones from Chinatown, they really can't handle such stress. So I was kinda dragging my feet (and sloshing in the water, yes) all the way to the station. By then Lisa had called me about 462 times. I then decided it was time I find a way to occupy her and to divert her energy away from me towards someone else. So I asked her to ask Skinny Pizza whether the deal was on...SHOCK. They told us we were supposed to show some message from Starhub but I didn't have anything!! It was time to get friendly with Starhub Customer Service. After 15 minutes of shouting loudly over the noise of the train and many people staring at me, I confirmed that the deal was still on. Thought I could relax a little BUT NO. Lisa called again and told me to run for my life.
By then it was 546 and I ran. I really really ran. With my soggy flats slipping off my feet, my EZ link card that refused to beep and horrible skin that makes me weep I ran.
And I made it there at 552. Ran to the counter and demanded that we get our offer and order before 6.
The manager was not pleased.
HEHEH.
And THEN we ate 2 pizzas, two Brie cheese servings and a serving of truffle fries and paid only $17!
Yeah, I'm awesome, I'm awesome, I'm really, really awesome~
No comments:
Post a Comment