Tuesday, 15 September 2009

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS! I'M HOME AGAIN.

Sigh.

Hate maths ladeeda.

Hmm here's a poem I wrote:

A tiny bit of pear

Maths is a tedious subject
Oh what a bore
Integrating random numbers
Can be such a chore

So my mind appeased itself
By wandering off into dreamland
Thinking of fairies and butterflies (yes really!)
And other things grand

But my stomach wasn't that easily pacified
Oh no no no
It demanded compensation
For the time wasted before

It growled it rumbled
Oh how the Earth shook!
At the sound of my fearful belly
Gurgling like an angry brook

My lazy legs were forced to move
For the abdomen commanded them so
Scrambling rushing
To get to the fridge door

The excitement made the tummy delirious
For waited it had for long
The suspense thrilling, the anxiety chilling
As the fridge was opened by me, King Kong (I couldn't think of a rhyming word!)

A blow of disappointment
A wave of agony
Oh! The despair!
ALAS! There was nothing in the fridge except a tiny bit of shrivelled pear

Angry the stomach was
Annoyed it got
To think it had been cheated!
Oh such displeasure was wrought.

Saddened and defeated
It commanded no more
The legs were no longer bound
Imperative there was none anymore

Owner and stomach trudged up the stairs
Reluctant to embrace
Those dreadful numbers
And other academic affairs.

And here now I sit thinking about the day
My appetite was duped
And I was flung into disarray

All thanks to an evil mother
Who refused to stock
Her fridge with nothing other

Than a tiny bit
Of shrivelled pear.

No comments: