Saturday, 15 August 2009

Sands of time.

Today was a boring day.

Started off with the interview which went alright. Shoes really hurt.

Came home and started feeling incredibly sleepy. Maybe it was the maths homework that was looming large and ominous that made me feel like that but I grit my teeth and did it! Hooray.

The rest of the day was tiring with the usual weekend routine. Today I spent time with my sister though and I was surprised to find that I enjoyed her company. I don't think she and I have EVER sat down and talked about her life, and what she wants to do, and what she likes etc etc and what really surprised me was the fact that she's grown up so much! She's not a baby anymore. She's not someone I can push around or tell what to do (okay I still do that sort of heh) but she is capable of a lot more than what I think she can do.

Oh manzx, underestimating again ):

And it's kind of sad because when I compliment her or tell her what exactly she looks like from third person perspective she's very taken aback that these words are coming from me because I've always treated her like a little kid and the only type of compliments she's received are pats on the back, hugs, kisses etc. Not criticism and definitely not constrictive criticism. It's like I've been doing her a disservice for so many years ):

Oh no.

I feel so bad now. My poor little baby sister.

ARGH I'M DOING IT AGAIN.

And I want to bake cookies but I don't want the pig to eat everything up again 'cause this'll be the THIRD time grr.

Had a talk with M about an issue that's been sort of bothering me since yesterday and wow she agrees with most of what I feel! Nice to have a like-minded person around (:

She's cute and quite a lot of fun.

Heh.

Okay taking the Vietnamese out for dinner tomorrow! I hope we don't lose any of them.

--

Got a text from T after a really long time. I was too lazy to read it heh.

--

This has been on my mind for a while: there's this girl I know. Her family's brilliant, and she is too. Or so it seems. She studies in a sort of frenzied manner, without breaks, pushing herself closer and closer to breaking point.

The whole world thinks she's some genius but is she really? I mean to condition your body to manage with less sleep over the years, to reach the stage where your mother has to tell you to STOP studying, to forget to eat on time, to work work work with only your goals for sustenance, it's crazy! How can you call a person smart when they're stupidly killing themselves?

Yeah sure she's getting results but at what cost? The cost of her health, her freedom, her friends? Over the years she's learnt to live without them. Yes she exemplifies the model student - listening to her parents, having definite goals and working towards them, learning how to accomodate her life around her work, she's constantly learning but learning all the wrong things.

We used to be very close at one point, we got along very well with each other but then her work and school took over and that was the end of that.

How unfortunate because I really liked her.

I still like her, just that I don't know who she is anymore. I would like to get to know her.

Maybe I will, one of these days.

No comments: