Sunday, 5 June 2011

Who were all the extras on stage?!

Just back from Priya's arangetram at DBS Auditiorium. Was a nice arangetram! She sang brilliantly though was a little tired and distracted to fully appreciate everything.

Okay, let me start from the beginning of the day so that I don't do a weird backwards description of the day.

Morning woke up to this HUGE thunderstorm. Torrential rain and lightning flashing dangerously everywhere. Claps of thunder loud enough to rouse the dead (it woke up S, that's a miracle). It was terrifying and sooooo romantic at the same time :) Wished I could have spent the whole day inside curled up reading a book but no the rain lessened just as I was leaving for class so I trudged down with my huge bag and holey umbrella to get on the bus. Froze on the bus and reached class looking and feeling like a popsicle.

I was all alone during class and it was a really stressful day for me :( I just didn't sing properly; it was truly terrible. I was feeling frustrated and angry with myself, wonder how R teacher must have been feeling :/ To prepare for exams and stuff I've really got to put my nose to the grindstone and put in some solid practice and July would be the best time to do it but.............

Anyway, dance later was not much better. I was just so distracted and kept doing stupid things. I feel so inadequate.

Left for the auditorium at around 2 something and it was STILL raining! And the canal was just overflowing. I really think this has to do with the reduced interception in the Bukit Timah area. No trees, more run off, it's terrible. This means that the ground is also going to sag over time as the turgidity reduces. Man and we have to put up with this for another four years :/ Poor us, poor environment :(

So once we got there,

S, Rohini and I did the arangetram outside with the help with random people throughout. The kolam is really gorgeous. Here it is!


Nice right! I was the brilliant person who suggested we do pink background. But S did a pretty good job of coordinating the colours and delegating tasks to people. I am so proud of our work!

S and I sat together downstairs for the first four songs and then we got harried by M to come upstairs and sit with her so we did. Thank God for that! We got more room to stretch out our legs and we didn't have to sit so rock still amongst all the other people either. Sitting upstairs also gave us a fantastic view of the stage and stuff.

Was lovely to be sitting with them though. We talked about all kinds of nonsense and just had fun, like before when we used to see each other more often!


Should I watch a movie now to keep up the one-movie-a-day thing? Or go to bed?

No comments: