Friday, 10 June 2011

Nose flowing like a leaky cauldron.

Been a while since I had my morning sinus so this week I have been leading a rather charmed existence.

Pace of work has gone back to normal, which is good. I am starting to tire of the whole physical activity of going to work. Getting up in the morning and sitting in an office is starting to bore me and I've only been doing this for (close to) six months! What about the many long years of working life I have ahead of me?!?

Maybe I'm feeling like this because I enter work knowing this is temporary so I am waiting to get to the permanent aspect of my life? Either way, only three weeks to go. :(: ?

The past few days have been lots of fun and filled with people.

On Tuesday, I met I for lunch. I haven't seen her in four years! Okay that's not really true. I saw her around for the first two of the four years but we didn't talk or hang out so it's not counted. It was really a blast from the past - was comforting to have conversation flow naturally between us. She's going to SMU Business so it'll be nice to see her around school as well in a few months. We were just talking about work-life balance and friendships during and after Uni and we came to the sad realisation that we'll have to turn into our parents :(

I always accuse my mother of having no friends and only having her family but during these 'holidays', people still don't have the time to keep in touch or meet up. It's going to be worse when real careers and families come into the picture. I also accuse my mother of being unable to keep track of her contacts but just the other day I was looking at my contacts and I just had NO CLUE as to who to two, three people were. I spent 10 minutes staring at the name and number and just had no idea who the person was and how I knew him/her. So embarrassing. And this is going to get worse as well.

Omg I don't want to grow up.

Was supposed to meet Nao Mayo in the evening but the poor girl had to fight off germy germs so that didn't work out :( I haven't hung out with her for four years too.

Tuesday night, S and I kept up with the OMAD and watched The King's Speech. It was really good but sad that Helena Bonham Carter just doesn't have the 'royal' face to pull off her character as the princess.

Wednesday, S and I went to the place where Xy works (Munch Saladsmith. Guys, please go there thanks) Got recommended a rosti, which was fantastic! I wore my favourite pink shirt and was looking very pretty. Had a good looooooong chat with both of them, then Xy walked me back to my office (aw) and man I've missed her! Can't wait to go to school togetherz.

Then in the evening I met R for dinner at Marche. Heh what I love about R is that she and I are always too punctual. We planned to meet at 615 and then we both knew we'd be earlier so we moved it to 6 and in the end we ended up meeting at 555 on the dot. We were feeling too lazy to walk around so we went to eat.

More than the food, the conversation and company was really something I needed/wanted. We are both fundamentally made of the same thing and it is unnerving to be able to have understand exactly (to the T!) what I'm feeling/thinking/concerned about. We talked a lot about relationships/people/careers/education/politics/aspirations/money/expectations/love/life/family/school/scholarships/awards/impressions/influences/I could go on forever and even though lifestyle-wise we are different, the rest is a perfect fit.

Went home absolutely pooped. S was sad that there was no OMAD plan aw poor baby.

Yesterday I didn't feel too good in the morning. Had really bad bowel movements BECAUSE I had eaten many dairy products - sour cream, cream, milk and a huge milo from Mr Teh Tarik courtesy of T - in too large quantities (this is a first for me). It was just too much for my body to take because I think my lactose intolerance thing is kicking in, so for lunch met Pa and actually VOLUNTARILY ate chappatis. Hence, I claim responsibility for all the terrible rain over the past few days. I'm sorry.

The office was a little busier because all the associates are back from their study leave but it did nothing to lift the dreary mood caused by the weather.

In the evening Ma and Pa's secretary from the times they were expats came over to our house for dinner with her friend. She is really an amusing and entertaining woman. So lively and energetic with a lot of colourful stories to tell. My mother was looking and acting young last night and she looked really happy :)

S and I watched the Vampire's Assistant in keeping with the OMAD plan. Such a pathetic movie I have never seen; the acting was horrendous, the screenplay was terrible, the dialogues cheesy and the characterisation inaccurate. Plus they tried to stuff all 12 books into one. What the heck?!? The books were pure genius and as usual they were destroyed by the movie. It was so bad that S and I started nodding off near the end.

Which brings us to today. Today nothing special has happened, except that admin is getting a little confused with some stuff and that is causing confusion for everyone.

Next week is going to be such a lonely week for me. L left today for HK and won't be back til the 14th, L is going to be away from the 12th til the 21st and C is away too. Why nobody there for me to hang out with :( I only have the dentist whom I will be seeing next Wednesday morning at 830. Okay that is not a bad substitute. I LOVE THE DENTIST!!!

No comments: