Tuesday, 28 June 2011

I stapled my hand today.

I thought today was hellish and just before I leave, L told me "be prepared for tomorrow. It's going to be hellish"

GAH, so what was today!!! Spent the entire day on my feet filing, reading countless documents and doing indexing etc. Sounds boring and clerical but I assure you that I had to think over and above all of this and it was so draining omg I was zapped of all my energy by 1030. I had to run up and down various levels and floors getting documents and files from everywhere as well so I was pooped by lunch.

Hurriedly stuffed something into my face and came back to more work. Was supposed to meet Ivf and Kim but that didn't work out thanks to my workload.

I didn't take any breaks, only went to the bathroom once, filled my bottle once, didn't drink any Milo, checked my email once, said a few words to H over chat, updated my Twitter status once that's all. The rest of the time was poring over these documents and figuring where the heck they should be.

Worked solidly until 615 then I literally ran to practice. Stood there for another hour or so SIGH. My left knee felt sore. A lot of people didn't turn up today, which made the harmonising thing sound a little wonky thanks to the lack of numbers. The composer dude (who happens to be M sir's good friend) turned up and said the song sounded good so YAY.

Today was also Raji teacher's birthday so we all wished her and she was so embarrassed hehe. So cute!!

Dhar was sweet enough to drop me all the way home :) I was fiddling with all the interesting buttons and knobs and dials in her car hehe. Was doing the same thing the other day in Lg's car when she gave me a one minute drive around before she went home. I find it so cool that I know people who drive!! D can drive too now (though it's something I am having a hard time visualing). Soon I will join the ranks of these people too! I can't wait man. Once Sunday evening rolls around, I can finally breathe a little. Just a little, but that's enough.

Just had N, the girl from Bahrain who's working at KPMG over a while ago. Her husband came along too. She's sweet looking and really nice. I had no idea this dinner was being held so I ate from the packet they gave there and hung around making small talk and cleaning up the kitchen. I was so exhausted that I started dozing off as I was soaping the plates. I had no idea I was THAT exhausted. Supposed to take my mother out for a date tomorrow and I am meeting some bosses in the morning so I had to wash my hair. Yes, at this ungodly hour. I think by the time it dries and I can go to sleep it'll be time to get up for day #2 of frantic chaos.

Some strange things that happened to me/I observed:

1. The front of my earrings fell off in the office but not the back. The back was weirdly sticking to my ear.
2. Most people suck at record keeping.
3. No one runs in the CBD so you can scare the hell out of people by zipping past them.

I downloaded this really cool app called 'Beauty Lawyer Victoria'. HEH it's quite fun though the graphics are lame. Try it!

I managed to talk to A a little bit today and I find it a little odd how she's so enthusiastic about meeting up etc. It's like when we were fresh into this friendship... We've significantly mellowed due to shared experiences both against each other and supporting each other. But then I suspect her frame of mind is completely different because of the situation she is going to be placed in in a few weeks. Nostalgia is a powerful feeling and though things have largely fallen away between us, the initial bond and affection does still have a large impact on each of us.

Listening to Malare Mounama on repeat now. I think I'm heading into an old song phase.

No comments: