6 seats up from 2 is a good increase! Plus the three NCMP seats to opposition is good. Singapore is progressing YAY!
Stayed up til 330 to watch the results. I still wish Wong Kan Seng went. He may be a good worker and follower but his arrogance and absolute refusal to take responsibility for his actions is disgusting. I think Chiam was too much of a gentleman. He should have asked Wong some really touch questions. Made people think about what kind of person they were truly electing into power.
But I guess the people find Wong's argument to be legitimate still because of Lee Hsien Loong's support. His political clout allows for Wong's mistakes to be kind of glossed over. FRUSTRATING TO THE EXTREME. If your ministers are acting up, PM, it is YOUR DUTY to take them down a notch. I feel like writing a letter to PM Lee. I respect him and admire him immensely but this goof up should not happen again.
Glad that Aljunied GRC swung to the WP. George Yeo is a good man, a fine minister but hey the GRC system works like that. Low and Slyvia Lim are fantastic, absolutely fantastic and Pritam Singh can garner such support from the people. An impressive team and I hope to see impressive results in Parliament as well.
Throughout this election, the one area that has been issue that hasn't been covered sufficiently is the real need for the GRC. With the victory of Michael Palmer in an SMC, do we really need the GRC system? Doesn't this show that minority candidates are capable of attracting majority votes? More analysis needs to be done - of the voters, candidates' background and so on. But I think it is time we started edging towards all areas being SMCs. Then this abuse of the system where daft people like Tin Pei Ling ride on the coattails of Goh Chok Tong won't happen.
Speaking of which, it is rather shameful to see Goh's low margin. It is a ridiculously poor number of votes for an ex PM. A popular one at that. Tin Pei Ling reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly messed it up. Though I think Goh's threats also were reason for the disaffection.
Overall, it's been a good election. The next five years are going to be really interesting!!!
GO SINGAPORE!
No comments:
Post a Comment