So yesterday I got a letter from school saying that I am a recepient of the Literature prize for College Day awards! So happy :) :) This is the first time I have ever won an academic award from school. Rather surprised because I thought there are so many more worthy candidates like Dor, Roxanne, Cara, Chris, Zikun (?? dunno), Joshua etc etc but yay!!
Roxanne got the prize for H1 Maths HAHA her 'favourite' subject. I think Jane must have got the Geog prize? I hope she did. And Chris probably the overall prize :)
Will see them all on the 14th of May then!
--
The postman is really screwing with our lives. Post is coming one week late and we are getting it at all odd hours of the day. Plus we're getting others mail in our box it's seriously damn frustrating! I must remember to call Singpost and complain.
Speaking of complaining: when will Singaporeans stop whining about the elections. GOSH half the people here don't understand politics but still love making rubbish comments -_- So retarded.
The world seems to have no news aside from Libya, Japan, Ivory Coast has now been 'resolved', Nigeria (HAHA GOODLUCK!) and the US deficit. Borrrrrrrring.
--
Met Sabrina for lunch today. We ate at the Soup Spoon. Expensive but argh everything is expensive nowadays. Was a nice lunch.
Work was okay, nothing special or exciting. I was feeling very restless the whole day though so thank God there was dance afterwards in the evening.
I am so conflicted - I dislike dance and like it at the same time. It's just so hard to consistently dislike it because it's been a part of my life for so many years. But there is no middle ground. I either have to put my heart into it and really become serious about dance or I should drop it. This neither here nor there thing is really not worth the money, time or effort on both sides. I don't know what to do :( HELP!
The new varnam is rather irritating and I don't like it as much as the old one but oh well :( Also, I think Suja akka is really lax with her classes nowdays - maybe she's too tired to say anything because when I had my Saturday classes she really used to thrash us for doing things horribly or for not dressing well etc. And the discipline she enforced (and she's the nicest teacher) really helped us in improving rapidly. Now everybody skips class and wears salwar kameezes and I'm like wtf?
--
So Dor and Rox are going to London for sure. I wonder what it's like to live and study in another country.
I hope people who want scholarships to study overseas get them. Like Jane, Chris, Andrew, Rocco etc.
That'll be cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment