Sunday, 6 February 2011

I want to marry a dentist.

My soles and legs feel tingly and weird for some reason. I don't think it's because of dance today. I didn't dance a lot.

Fatigue has hit me :( During dance I felt dizzy and like vomiting plus I felt like if I were to close my eyes even for a second, I'd fall asleep. It's a horrible feeling. To add to my misery, for the korvai number 4, I was the only one who managed to finish the entire panchanadai theermanam. WTF. What sort of class is this!!!!!!! In my normal class I'm by far, the worst. Stopping is not an option and I don't know we just didn't. This class makes me all slack. It's really a combination of the students' self confidence, camaraderie and the teacher's expectations. I kinda miss my class despite/for?? all its pressures...

Back to work tomorrow after the looooooooong CNY break. I really love Chinese New Year. The lion dances, dragon dances, prayers, festive stuff really gets me excited. It's odd but sometimes I look upon Chinese who turn their backs on their culture in revulsion. They have such a rich, vibrant, interesting culture and they don't care about it. I'm not saying one should be totally immersed in it all the time, I'm not in my culture either but denying all links to it is stupidity at its best. You're basically denying who you are. How dumb.

Turned down Suja akka's offer for Rajasthani performance. I'd love to perform again but the practice timings will kill me I think. After work from 8 til 10 for the next three days is just not feasible. Plus I don't know if I can take that much time off work on Thursday morning :/

This week looks like a very social week. Hopefully no plans/meetings/random assignments turn up.

Thursday - Lisa
Friday - Xy, V, Jane for Black Swan!!
Saturday - Timothy and Lisa (haven't asked yet)
Sunday - C?

Yeah looks very busy.

Did my accounts today. My mother owes me some $300 odd dollars and my father $50. I actually got paid for my first two week stint! Seriously not bad. Which reminds me, must check on the status of this payroll plus reimbursement plus CPF. Also, must bargain with Pa on pocket money.

On a side note: driving is so bloody expensive!! It's really a money making racket. One has no choice but to get final certification from a school and it makes things so much more complicated and EXPENSIVE. I've got my second driving class this coming Sunday. I've to top up $150 more dollars already ugh.

And on the topic of expensive transportation, for being the best country in terms of affordability, I really am having trouble planning bus routes and train routes now to maximise use of the distance fare thing. It's definitely more fair (can see that now with adult fare) but it's a pain in a way. Plus I really can feel the burn of money :( Working life is not fun.

Or maybe it's just the wrong job and at the wrong time.

In any case, it's an excellent jolt to making me yearn for school again hohoho. I'm going to become a teacher for sure -_-

It's tiring, really, to have so many contingency plans. It would be so much easier if I could just confirm that I will be able to get my very first option. Things would be so much less complicated then. Add to this mess the confusion of not even KNOWING what I want. I don't even know which general line man, forget the subject :(

Many applications to fill and each a bigger headache than the last.

Sigh got a rejection from UCL the other day. Really hurt a lot. Thought I'd be able to take it but it's more than just a small niggling pain. It's a huge heartache. Every time I see the subject heading of the email when I check my mail I let out a little sigh and against my will, sometimes even shed a tear. How pathetic. I don't know man. What am I doing this for if the best college I applied to doesn't want me? Waiting for Warwick to reply. If they say no then I can say bye bye to this dream/option.

Still, it's a good learning experience. This is my first major rejection EVER. (I know, stuck up pig) and I hope it'll be one of the few I get. You aren't that great missy!!
Not really looking forward to work tomorrow. Haven't thought of anything interesting yet ugh dreading meeting my boss.

Must remember to reply to Chithi and the Periammas' emails. Hehehe I have such cute aunts.

Really want to watch The King's Speech!!

Haven't seen L in agessssssssssssssssssss. And Aksh and V. Sad :(

Was very angry with Pa the other night for making us go for the Esplanade performance but I think that is a story for another day. Only highlight: eating at Max Brenner's!!! Very very very expensive and ridiculously overpriced but hehehe the waffles and crepe were yummy.

Do I have a cavity?

No comments: