Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Classics will be classics will be classics.

Wonderfully boring two days.

Spent the first two precious days of my very last March holidays ever learning how to work some stupid Geography programme crap. Just me and this guy boring boring boring boringgggggggggg. Food sucked, company was alright, and I think I'd like to be an urban planner when I grow up!

Seriously.

Anyway, Monday was M. Heh my SS was adorable as usual. We had a mini-discussion about the school system nowadays hahaha and he kept insisting how hard it was today and that he wouldn't be able to get admission to Uni if he were writing the A's in this age. Heh how cute! But he's an SAF scholar so -_-

Got to do some letter writing and I almost started crying at the table when this lady (slightly mental case) came up to talk to me.

:(

Tuesday night went to watch Alice in Wonderland. God it was terrible.

1. Alice is HIDEOUS. No joke. She's not plain, she's GROTESQUE. I wanted to die. Alice is supposed to be cute and lovable :(
2. Her dress sense sucked like hell. WHERE IS THE BLUE FROCK, WHITE APRON AND ALICE BAND!!!!!!!!
3. The Queen wasn't livid enough
4. The Mad Hatter wasn't mad enough
5. Johnny Depp is hottest as a pirate. Not as a guy with kooky eyes.
6. The tea party wasn't as crazy as it was supposed to be
7. Anne Hathaway looked like a man
8. I hate this crap about women empowerment. For God's sake, classics are comforting simply because they appeal to the impossible and improbable and unlikely. They're IMAGINARY. Movies are a form of escapism from the real world. I don't want to see things dealt with in the real world on screen. Especially not in one of my most favourite stories of all time.
9. Tweedledum and Tweedledee appear in 'Through The Looking Glass' not in 'Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland'! But I guess Disney is at fault for this. Messing up the minds of a million children too lazy to read the original books by mixing up both books into one.
10. Alice didn't cry when she found that she was too small to get the key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT BIT.
11. The Queen wasn't mad enough or fat enough. She's supposed to shout 'off with his head' for every little thing! In the book, the first thing she shouts that is when she sees Alice's shoes and says: why are your shoes black, not red?! OFF WITH HER HEAD!
12. The playing croquet part was disappointing.
13. Johnny Depp's dancing was..weird.
14. They didn't paint the white roses red!!!!!!!
15. I hated the cheesy dialogue exchange between Alice and Dad and subsequently Alice and Hatter.
16. Alice is supposed to reach terminal velocity in the tunnel and fall slowly and enjoy looking at the things around her! Not just fall. That's ridiculous.
17. She's not supposed to be scared during the entire adventure. It's the fact that she's so strong and NOT scared that makes it all the more wonderful.
18. The Dormouse is supposed to be sleeping in the teapot.
19. I wanted Alice to eat the sides of the mushroom :(
20. Hated the gross creature that got its eye poked out by the Dormouse.

Things I liked:

1. The March Hare was nuts. Heh.
2. The cards looked evil!
3. I liked during the war, the red cards stood on each other and made a house! So cute!
4. Cheshire cat managed to creep me out as usual. Heh.
5. Graphics were amazing.

Okay I guess Disney is to blame for making the cartoon version so fantastic that everything that comes later is compared with it. Even so, I always feel that books are much better than movies. My imagination is always more brilliant. I'm sure that's the case for everyone. It's only people who don't have the creative capacity to imagine who enjoy movies based on books (of course there are exceptions. No need to look at me like that!!)

Lewis Carroll is genius even though he was (possibly)

1. A drug addict
2. A paedophile
3. A head case

I always have a soft spot in my heart for mathematicians ;)

No comments: