Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Pedra Branca = Birdshit island.

So today was the second day and I must say it was a much more enjoyable affair than yesterday! First off, the speeches made today were more humourous and less dry than yesterday. It's always hearing about experiences first hand. I mean from the lawyers themselves!! What more could you want right.

Also the teas today were EXCELLENT! So much better than yesterday. Heh we all ate like pigs. Today we learnt about International Law (PEDRA BRANCA! HAHAHA) and then IP Law (poor Alex) and the most boring one was after lunch - a day in the shoes of a lawyer. That was truly horrific because we had a whole host of weirdo speakers talking to us and it was so hard to believe that some of them are high flying lawyers who command great respect and power in their line of work. Gosh, how terrible for them to be judged so poorly by some pathetic wannabe law student aye?

Heh. Too bad. Occupational hazard I guess.

So tomorrow we're starting our real internships/attachments. I'm quite nervous about going but terribly excited as well! I hope we get to see some cool action and dispute resolution :) :) I also hope the other people who are going to this firm are as nice as me. (Seriously. I'm nice okay.)

After the talks I went to meet Kenneth and Yuxin for dinner! Gosh seeing them after so long was really really good and I think today all of us were kind of tired and worn out cause there was very limited conversation (very unlike us) and it was a subdued sort of banter heh. Lots of digs taken at Yuxin's expense but the poor child didn't realise it awww. Ice cream definitely gave us the sugar boost we needed. Kenneth and I discussed/gossipped quite a bit after that. Ooh plus the 'shopping'! Heh.

Man I'm going to miss my best friend when he's away ISL-ing and building houses or whatever. Don't come back black okay!

V is haviing eggjams now so good luck schmoozum! I miss you as much as I love donuts.

No comments: