Saturday, 7 November 2009

Fall in love with a person, not a woman or a man.

Right so I'm posting on one of the four Macs that are in the house. For some reason this is the only one that logs onto the internet even though it doesn't have half the applications that are loaded into the other three.

Brilliant.

Anyway, hopefully if I can get this thing to work properly I can keep it yayyyyy. Just that a Mac is sort of troublesome but what the heck, a computer is a computer.

Our OP exam was yesterday and it was quite alright. I think I mucked up my Q&A a little but overall it was quite good. I hope we get an A! All I can say is that whew we got lucky heh 'cause a group we saw later had SIX examiners (two external, two from the PW comm and two random ones) and that was quite scary. Plus they were doing the conservation of childhood (???!!?) which was like a strange topic and if they get an A, then I think we can get one too. But let's see. There was also the fact that we happily went to sit in on Jodie's OP when we were supposed to be sitting in for some dialect thing. OOPS heh and we were the cause for the PW comm making a loud announcement of how some groups totally mucked up. Heh heh. I tell you that DC guy was so mean to us when we were doing our GPF.

The good thing that came out of all this was that everyone knew who group 035 was!

It was quite surprising that things went well given that we got N to cook and NO ONE in her family can cook and we got the handouts/skit/presentation done last minute. We didn't even have a full and proper dry run the day before. We had no standardised slides or cue cards or anything. Coming to think of it, we were quite a mess but it turned out fine so whatever.

YAY WE'RE FREE FROM PW!

And I can finally clear my computer of 2GB worth of PW stuff -_- quite sad that the biggest folder I have is for PW. I think we should keep a copy of all this work though so that we can refer to it in the future - or at least keep it as a memory of all the late nights, anger, tears, talks, Skype and most importantly SLEEP that went into it.

Ahh the joy of PW.

Anyway yesterday I realised that I have no friends AT ALL. Everyone has Secondary School friends that they miss and talk to and want to meet up with and I have none. I am such a sad soul.

And I'm being serious here.

Went home and slept from five to eleven. Woke up, made a call to WA, then ate and went to bed at twelve thirty and woke up at eight thirty. I'm still feeling sleepy. Gosh how to make up all the sleep lost from six months?!

Impossible but I can try. Heh.

Okay so one thing down, let me just grit my teeth and get through the month of November so that I can embrace December freely.


After about an hour of talking to her, I could see the girl whom I first made friends with reappear but it's such a disappointment to see what she's become. And the sad thing is that in the end, the first person she seeks comfort in is me. When she's confused or angry or hurt or upset she calls me and we do things that are safe and fun and normal just like how we used to be when we first became friends. Like going to each other's houses and talking to her parents for a while - stuff like that. Just good, clean fun. She now has a laptop, TWO cameras, THREE iPods, a new phone every few months and I really wonder what happened to the thrifty, polite, sweet, slightly shy girl whom I first grew close to.

So sad. So so so sad.

Yesterday's conversation with WA and MF was strange. It's tiring to think about stuff like this all the time. I just want a decent team so that we can go and come back happy. That's all.

Thursday there was a YLTC briefing. My group's okay. I just really really hate camps.

Talked to Jane for a long time on the phone this morning. Mostly about the horse thing and some other random stuff. Wingy is weird. She seems to be playing some of us against each other and I have no clue what's going on in that fluffy head of hers.

_ and I have to work on some stuff for the Vietnam trip so I guess I'll have to start talking to her about it soon.

Was looking at the H3 syllabus for Lit and Geog. Lit seems very scary. It's like WR but 8325238528937589235 times worse though. And Geog's just boring.

Got to go face one of my biggest insecurities in half an hour. When it's 1400, wish me luck.

No comments: